The microbiome has been linked to everything from irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease to even neuropsychiatric conditions like autism spectrum disorder. Disruptions of the microbiome are also associated with: asthma, diabetes, depression, obesity, and autoimmune diseases. In this course, you'll learn how to leverage the microbiome to improve your overall health and well-being.
We'll cover the following topics in this course:
- What is the microbiome and are we more microbe than human?
- Four key functions of the microbiome
- What to do and what to avoid in building a healthy microbiome
- A few commonly overlooked microbiome-related health conditions and their treatments
- Biohacking the microbiome with fecal transplants
- Research-backed supplements to help with IBS and digestive distress
- Special foods to help strengthen and restore the gut microbiome
Luke is a nutritionist, health educator, and wellness consultant dedicated to creating greater well-being in our world through education and empowerment. He is the founder of Gut Resolution where he works with clients to unearth the root causes of their health challenges. Luke has a keen interest in functional medicine and is credentialed as a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. In his free time, he enjoys dancing Argentine tango and taking photographs that capture the beauty of our world.